Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance Program

US Treasury Department Emergency Rent Assistance Program

Please review the following information to determine if you qualify for ERAP assistance.

The ERAP program is designed for RENTERS only. If you have a mortgage on your home or own the home outright, you are not eligible for assistance through this program for either rental or utilities assistance.
Only one application at a time may be considered per household. If there is more than one adult in your home, one of them should be identified as the “Applicant”. If there is more than one adult in your home in need of assistance, you should work together in submitting this application, and you should decide which person will be name below as the Applicant.

The Applicant must be named on either the lease agreement OR utility account(s) for which assistance is being requested.

Documents Needed to Complete the Application

(Gather these documents in an electronic form prior to starting the application)
  • Identification: (one of the following)
    • State Driver`s License / State ID
    • Tribal Identification Card
    • Birth Certificate
    • Military ID
    • Passport Book or Card
    • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization
    • U.S. Permanent Resident Identification
    • Consular Identification
    • U.S. College/University Identification Card
    • Corporate Identification
    • Other documents with applicant's name and address sent by the state, government entity or utility may also qualify.
  • Documentation of Residency:
    • Lease
    • Other documents showing residency
  • Documentation of Income: (one or more of the following)
    • 2020 Tax Return
    • Pay Stubs
    • W-2 Forms
    • Determination or Approval Letter for one or more of programs:
      • Medicaid (not Medicare)
      • Children`s Health Insurance Program
      • Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
      • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
      • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
      • Housing Choice Voucher or other HUD-subsidized housing
      • Head Start
      • Free and Reduced Lunch Program
      • Social Security Disability Insurance or the Supplemental Security Income (SSDI/SSI) programs
  • Documentation of Need:
    • Landlord letter or utility bill showing amount owed
Help available:
  • Past due rent back to April 1, 2020
  • Forward payment of rent for up to 3 months
  • Past due utilities back to April 1, 2020
Funds Disbursement:
  • All funds will be sent directly to the landlord and/or utility companies
When can you expect a response to the application?
  • Due to the high number of applicants, it will take 4 to 6 weeks for you to be contacted by a caseworker.
Additional information
  • If you have a social security or tax ID #, you must provide the last 4 digits to submit an application. If you do not have a SSN tax ID #, you may enter the last four digits of your phone number to assist program administrators in assigning a unique identifier to all applications.
  • Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19;
  • Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability;
  • Household income (including income of all adults) of 80% of Area Median Income for the County. (See table below for details)
Income Eligibility Table:
If your household has this number of members: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
To qualify, your household income cannot be more than: $48,550 $55,450 $62,400 $69,300 $74,850 $80,400 $85,950 $91,500